I've not scrolled down far enough on blogs to have much knowledge of inaugural entries, nor do I know how best to compose one, and it seems hard to get a balance between greeting the world exuberantly and seeming as if you've always been blogging... Anyway, today this is the view from the Well Kneaded HQ:
1. Busy week ahead. 3 dough batches to mix tomorrow.
2. Carl is going to New York in January. Vicariously, this is a holiday for us all and we think/talk about it quite a lot.
3. We tried Trealy Farm's lemon and lamb Merguez salami at the weekend- very nice and likely to arrive on the menu in January or Feb!
4. On the subject of menus, we're switching out the fennel salami, ricotta and cavolo nero seasonal special for a new one with bacon, crown prince squash and sage on a béchamel base. In football, substitutions can sometimes have a whiff of reproach about them but in this instance the outgoing number should be seen as a hard working goalscorer and the new one a promising and fresh-legged new guy.
5. We're planning a Christmas/4th birthday party on 10th December at the Doodle Bar. More info to follow.
6. Lunch from Park Rd Kitchen today. Lovely chicken and salad. Total of 3 cups of tea, 1 coffee.
7. Welcome to our blog!